We offer a number of estate and estate planning related services to help accomplish all of the filing requirements of Canada Revenue Agency. In addition to a number of small/family business succession and estate planning we can:
- Prepare the final personal tax return (T1)
- Prepare any subsequent personal trust returns (T3)
If you're a small business owner, one of the most important things you can do for both your family and your business is to minimize tax during the succession of a family business. This includes reorganizing the existing business structure and/or setting up a family trust. We will work with you and facilitate minimizing taxes and other costs and expedite the healthy transition of wealth without dispute.
Various types of trusts established before or after your death could be utilized to take advantage of a number of benefits. These include, but not limited to the following:
- Creditor proofing your assets from creditors
- Income splitting opportunities with family members
- Reducing Probate Fees
- Maintain control of your assets, and allow beneficiaries to participate in future growth of your business
- Multiplying the lifetime capital gains exemption
Although family trusts can be an excellent tool they are not always the best approach. We will meet with you, get to know your business, your family dynamic and recommend the most practical and cost-effective option.